Here we go, then!
Today I got started on the guys on my workbench, and made a little plan for the next month or so. Next game day is October 15th, 18 days from now (!), and I made up an army list I want to use that needs basically all the models I picked up on Sunday – 19 altogether. A miniature a day is a pretty ambitious pace for my usual painting habits, but what the heck, let’s shoot for the moon. I’ve split them up into three batches, the first of which is what I was working on today: here’s a before-and-after.
I started on the black on the 3 in front yesterday, and did the first layer of yellow tonight – it looks like poo because yellow (even a nicely-covering yellow like I’m using) doesn’t sit well on black, but it’ll get about 3 more coats of progressively brighter yellows; that’s what I’ll do tomorrow. The guys in the back got their base coat of gray, which tomorrow I’ll work back to just an edge highlight.
Days ’til game day: 18
Miniatures to finish: 19